Thursday, March 22, 2012

How to Choose a Cat Food For My Catman

Taking care of a cat involves a lot of work and specific kinds of knowledge. As Catman becomes my friend, I have to start to learn about cat food. I know that buying random food and barely paying attention to the cats needs won’t cut it. There are a few different things I need to know to properly care for my cat.

All cats have dietary and nutritional needs that have to be met, and often these needs start with the type of cat food a cat requires. Cat owners should acquire the right cat food knowledge for their animal, and that starts with understanding what kinds of nutrients cats need to have in their diet. Since cats are carnivores (meat eaters), unlike humans or dogs which are omnivores (meat and vegetable eaters), their diets require high amount of proteins and animal fats. Cat foods need to meet these needs by offering proteins, fatty acids, and all the right amino acids. Owners should focus on which nutrients a cat food promises, not which ingredients. General consensus is that wet food is better than dry food for cats. It contains more meats and a higher concentration of water, each of which is key for a cat’s diet. Cats should ideally be fed twice a day and the amount that cats are fed varies greatly depending on an individual animal’s needs and size.


When Catman was sent to me, my friend gave me his daily dry cat food as well. To be honest, I still don't know the cat food very much. The cat food my friend gave me is ANF FELINE ADULT HOLISTIC FORMULA dry cat food, and I also don't know how much I need to put in his plate.

No comments: