Friday, August 10, 2012

My Super Cat and His Hiding Box


My cat’s name is Catman. I hope one day he can grow to be a super cat, like batman or Spiderman. However, it seems he doesn’t have any sense to fight for justice. Two days ago, I bought a LED TV and the box is turned to be his best toy. He likes hiding now and he does it on a regular basis. I even cannot make decision if I need to keep the box at home forever. If I throw it away, my super cat may get boring again.


I really don’t know why my super cat, Catman, likes hiding and keeps doing it again and again. But it seems he enjoys himself and he is very happy now. From my friend option, there is nothing bad in the fact that cats play with the boxes and hiding. They do it mainly because they want to play and this is the way in which they receive attention from us. Wild cats hide when they prepare to hunt; they stay hidden in the grass or behind a tree or a hill until they find the right moment to attack the pray. Domestic cats do it just for fun, using their instincts. They won’t attack us; they will only jump in order to have some fun.

Cats hide and jump to “attack” you is completely natural. This is what they do in their natural environment, so this is also what they will do in our courtyard or in the apartment. If you have two cats and one of them is older than the other, you will surely observe the fact that the young kitten will jump on the other kitten and start the play.


As the new owner of a cat, you should not get worried about the fact that your cat likes hiding. My cat likes hiding too and there is nothing I can do about it. Sometimes, my cat likes running towards me in a very high speed, beating me with his soft paw, and escaping away. Then he will hide in the box and wait for my to find him. As long as the cat doesn’t attack and bite you, you should not try to do anything in order to change this behavior. It is perfectly normal!

No comments: